I was clearly disappointed

Recently I was staying in a hotel in Dhaka, Bangladesh on a study trip, and by second night there I had the chance to eat in its restaurant (allegedly serving Thai and Chinese menu),.

First I've browsed around and asked my trip advisor, finding out that tipping isn't really necessary in Bangladeshi restaurants.

By the time I got to the place (I was also staying in the hotel it's attached to), I ordered simple fried rice and coffee. The waiter asked me about my nationality, purpose of visit, occupation, college (probably because  I definitely look like a student) in interrogative and rather offensive tone. This is already very unpleasant to me.

After I finished my meal; I simply paid the bill (the waiter--he--didn't hand me the bill before taking my money; I had to do as he ordered me to).

After that he was nagging, required me to give him tip (which I think wasn't really necessary). I had to settle on 40 BHT (after first refusing then bargaining for 10 BHT which he refused), after that I talked to him that he needs to brush up his English not to sound offensive to customers. He actually mistook "offensive" with "friendship" (how?!) then proceed with saying that he wasn't being friendly with anyone from my nationality. What?!

I badly wanted to express my frustration right in the place, but that's definitely uncalled for; instead I just walked out.

He should definitely learn to show actual Bengali hospitality (which people in village I visited showed us how beautiful it is).

0 rants: