Atheros AR9281 on Salix64 13.37

I've recently got this wireless network adapter (Atheros AR9281), taking it from some random broken laptop which belongs to a friend of mine.

Technically the card is nicer:802.11n and higher gain than my old faithful Broadcomm BCM94312. But to get it working on my slacktop (Salix64 13.37, which is based on Slackware64 13.37) is just another little (stupid) story.

Long story short: load the modules, some people suggested to turn off the hardware cyprt-work.
# modprobe ath9k nohwcrypt=1

Unlock the device so we can turn it on.
# rfkill unblock wlan

Unfortunately, it won't work with acer_wmi so pressing the wlan switch in the multimedia buttons won't switch the adapter on. Instead, I have to do:
# ifconfig wlan0 up

It's fully working now: iwlist, iwconfig stuff will work.

To make things easier in the next boot:
# echo "options ath9k nohwcrypt=1" >> /etc/modprobe.d/ath9k
# echo "/sbin/modprobe ath9k" >>  /etc/rc.d/rc.modules


_____
Now I am considering to use another bluetooth adapter so I can gracefully disable acer_wmi.

0 rants: