New Handlebar

Recently after reading some bike-fitting articles, I found my handlebar somewhat too narrow (and I feel it has too shallow drop), so I just re-make it. ;)

The work involves some welding, making the drop wider, using longer middle part of handle (it's actually a cheap MTB handlbar I cut in the sides to make desired final length). The total length is about 41 cm.

the handlebar, just painted
Cheap drop handlebars found in bike shops are 35cm, cost IDR 15000, the flatbars cost IDR 10000, and welding service costs IDR 10000. Here you get a drop handlebar to your liking for IDR 35000, rather than 40 cm Ritchey's which costs IDR 125000.

Most people says, the proper drop handlebar length is around your shoulder length end to end, so here is my fitting. 1 cm difference won't hurt (unless you are professional rider). I am sorry I can't get better picture, I amn't used to self-timer camera.
fitting to my shoulder

This is how after it's installed to the bike, the taping is made from used inner tube. Quite satisfying I suppose overall. The next target is to install longer stem so I can accelerate better in hills.
closer look from the top, installed

0 rants: